crochet chat : the 'Italian project'

crochet chat : the 'Italian' project | Emma Lamb

'Tis done! The 'Italian' project as it has been nicknamed has now been sampled, written, charted, photographed and is now ready for sending to Italy... woo-hoo! Although I still can't divulge all the details just yet I do hope you enjoy these few sneaky peeks, even as cryptic as they are!?


crochet chat : the 'Italian' project | Emma Lamb

Thankfully the lovely people at Gomitoli's were kind enough to extend the deadline a little since the finished product is a reasonable sized piece to create. I think I calculated over 47,000 stitches in all! That's a lot of stitches I can tell you, but an absolute dream to work in their Spring Cashmere yarn, especially in the warm weather. The cashmere, silk and cotton blend is a perfect balance for a summer project as it doesn't get too hot when you have it piled up on your lap. Plus this yarn was very kind to my hands, no drying or irritation as can sometimes happen with wool blends in the summer. Have any of you tried it for yourselves yet? If you have let me know in the comments, I'd love to know your thoughts.

crochet chat : the 'Italian' project | Emma Lamb
crochet chat : the 'Italian' project | Emma Lamb

Oh I am so excited for you guys to try this project for yourselves, I think you will love it! I can't wait to show you it in full! Hopefully that won't be too far away now. There has been some suggestion that the kit will be ready for early July but I'm not 100% sure just yet, I'll keep you posted on that one. There's also a little rumour that there might be a little something special just for my blog readers so stay tuned for that one too :)

crochet chat : the 'Italian' project | Emma Lamb
crochet chat : the 'Italian' project | Emma Lamb

What else, what else? Hmmm. I think that's all I can share just now but it won't be long until the full reveal... eeep! In the meantime I hope you have enjoyed a wee bit of floral summer colour? Taking these photos is always such a fun and inspiring part of the creative process for me. I love these last two so much, so many more ideas are bubbling up from these alone!

Emma

Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments :

  1. Lovely joyful crochet Emma, looking forward to the big reveal! ❤️
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivienne, me too... so much! xx

      Delete
  2. Vous piquez ma curiosité. Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Emma! How nice ... an Italian project? They are very curious and eager to know all the details ^ _ ^
    The photos are stunning and the beautiful colors.
    In the meantime, I just have to send greetings here from Italy and my city: Rome.
    A hug,
    Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cracking colours Emma, really looking forward to seeing what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, lady, that's a serious bunch of work !! Proud of you !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Sonia, I really can't wait for you to see the finished article - I am so happy with it :) xx

      Delete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Wishing you a fabulous day!
Emma, x