crochet chat : Hexipetl Shawl for Gomitoli's

Hello and happy Monday my blog buddies! Today I have some fabulous news to share about the 'Italian project' I've been teasing you with recently. I am so excited that at last it is here and at last I can share what it is with you all! So without further ado this is my Hexipetl Shawl designed exclusively for Gomitoli's which is currently available on their website as a limited edition kit...

Hexipetl Shawl : Exclusive kit design by Emma Lamb for the Italian yarn company Gomitoli's | Emma Lamb

Yay! It is such a relief to finally be able to tell you all about this gorgeous project that I was working on back in June. This beautiful yarn was turned into these sneaky peek pics which were then quickly turned into this gorgeous summer shawl. I hope you are loving it just as much as I am?


If you are and want to whip up your own Hexipetl Shawl you can find the limited edition kit here. It includes all the Spring Cashmere yarn you will need to make the shawl plus the pattern in both English (with UK crochet terms) and Italian translations. You will also be sent the charted version of the design which is a little more universal as a crochet language - useful if you find translating between UK and American crochet terms a little tricky or aren't an English or Italian reader!

Gomitoli's tell me that they will ship the kit worldwide (with the exception of China) and they have given me a very special discount code to pass on to all of you, yay! Until the end of this month all my lovely followers will receive a 15% discount off the regular kit price (€79.50) with the code: emma_lamb_gomitolis

Hexipetl Shawl : Exclusive kit design by Emma Lamb for the Italian yarn company Gomitoli's | Emma Lamb

A little bit about this design: Originally when Gomitoli's got in touch to commission me to design a kit for them the brief was nothing more than a summer kit using their Spring Cashmere yarn. Now when someone gives you such a wide open brief as that there's a moment of excitement when you think to yourself 'I could do anything!' quickly followed by an equally powerful moment of sheer panic when you think 'I could do anything!' But then you start to focus and begin to think about ideas that have been rumbling about in the back of your mind and you flip through a few scribbled notes before forming a plan.

Recently I've had a real hankering to work up some shawl ideas and when I proposed this to the lovely folk at Gomitoli's they loved the idea. Obviously I knew it had to be something floral and colourful for my first shawl design so I began improving little motifs until I found something I thought would work. After finalising the stitch pattern and getting a seal of approval from Gomitoli's it was time to think about colour - unusual for me since I often start a project with strong colour ideas in mind before the yarn gets any where near my hooks!

Hexipetl Shawl : Exclusive kit design by Emma Lamb for the Italian yarn company Gomitoli's | Emma Lamb

So yes colour! After yet another of those excitement / panic moments I began experimenting with all kinds of grand ideas and elaborate colour combinations. It was so easy to get carried away with the lovely collection colours in Gomitoli's Spring Cashmere! Once I had pulled a few solid ideas together I sent them off keeping my fingers crossed that they would pick out my favourite. They didn't. Instead they chose this asymmetric rainbow and honestly, I am so pleased they did because it turned out beautifully and I couldn't be more pleased with this design!

Once the yarn samples arrived I spent a blissful week crocheting the very first Hexipetl Shawl sample while doing the usual film watching and copious amounts of tea drinking and chocolate nibbling. I have the best job ever!

Bringing the sample together was such an great process because at every stage of crocheting I got more and more excited about the design, you'll know what I'm talking about when crochet your own Hexipetl Shawl. When all those colours come together in the ombre style section before you finish the bulk of the shawl in cream - it's just so satisfying! I'll be honest and tell you it was a bitter sweet moment packing up this beauty to send to Italy, especially after getting to model it for these images! It is so comfortable to wear because the cashmere makes it feel soft while the cotton and open stitch design keep it cool. It's not woolly or heavy at all. Absolutely perfect for summer!

Hexipetl Shawl : Exclusive kit design by Emma Lamb for the Italian yarn company Gomitoli's | Emma Lamb

So what do you think of my Hexipetl Shawl design? I'd love to know your thoughts. And remember, until the end of this month all my lovely followers will receive a 15% discount off the regular Hexipetl Shawl kit price (€79.50) with the code: emma_lamb_gomitolis

Emma, x


Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Google+ Follow my pins! Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

45 comments :

  1. Wow...it is simply beautiful!The shawl looks so light,aity,tender,soft,pleasant to be worn.... I'm speechless!Can't stop admiring your great work!Chapeau!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your project! it's so pretty-i love the color changes : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Il est magnifique ! Bravo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented! What a beautiful shawl,I love how the colours gradually get paler, stunning piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judith, I'm thrilled you love the colour work! x

      Delete
  5. Absolutely stunning! I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's amazing, it's a work of art. So beautiful and lovely pictures! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's amazing Emma, really amazing......love it ! ❤️
    The colours changes through to the cream are so clever.
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivienne! I am so thrilled you love it too and my colour work in this design :) xx

      Delete
  8. Wow! Such a stunning shawl emma, I love it! Your such a talented designer, the flower motif is gorgeous and I love the colours :) you must feel very proud :) I honestly wish I could crochet as I'd love one of these!!! Wonderful to read about your creative process designing/ making it too, thank you for inspiring me,safxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dearest Saf, I am so happy you love this design! I am super proud of it. If you ever feel like a commission I would be honoured to crochet a Hexipetl Shawl for you :) I'm thrilled you enjoyed my process too - I may share more pictures of the sample crocheting one day :) xx

      Delete
  9. It's beautiful, Emma! I appreciate the gentle color changes across the work. Love the way there's a lot of white too! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Rachel! I am thrilled you love it and that you appreciate my colour work too - I knew I had to make an impact here and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out :) xx

      Delete
  10. Ah! That's what it was ^ _ ^
    What a great job Emma, congratulations ... it is certainly not difficult to understand why this brand of Italian yarns for me to realize that you wanted them to this wonderful project you * _ *
    Beautiful design and color scheme.
    A hug.
    Emanuela
    greetings from Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes Emanuela, this is it :)
      Thank you I am so happy you like it and I do hope you get to crochet it for yourself too!
      Emma, xx

      Delete
  11. It's so gorgeous it takes your breathe away! Bravo and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful, just like its maker.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thea you are such a sweetie, thank you my dear! xx

      Delete
  13. It is so lovely!! Good job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emma, your shawl design is exquisite, and truly translates the beauty of that particular yarn perfectly. I think that you might just be getting some more design commissions.

    I also greatly admire the lighting in your photographs which really display the lacy design so very well.

    Bravo! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Frances! I am so thrilled you love this design too and yes this yarn is absolutely perfect for such a summery shawl. I do hope you are right because I would love to work on more projects like this, it has been such a joy from start to finish!

      Haha! There was a mad scramble one sunny Sunday to take these and I love how they turned out too :)

      xx

      Delete
  15. Congrats Emma on a job beautifully done - bellissimo :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love the clever colour graduation. What a stunning shawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joanne! I'm thrilled to know you love it too :) x

      Delete
  17. Well done well done my friend ! It looks stunning ! Congratulations ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet Sonia, for all your support! xxx

      Delete
  18. Dear Emma, I tried to buy the kit from Gomitoli's website but it was really frustrating, it kept saying that I enter the wrong address and I should provide fiscal code, which I don't what it is. By the way keep up the good work, I admire your design!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      Thank you for your kind words and I'm sorry you are having a frustrating time with the Gomitoli's website. I have passed on your comments to Gomitoli's and have asked for their help. It may be a few days before we get a response since we are just going into the weekend but I will be in touch when I know something.
      If you prefer to discuss this privately you can email me at emmallamb[at]gmail[dot]com
      Emma, x

      Delete
    2. Hello,

      Gomitoli's have been in touch to tell me that non Italian residents can enter a 'memorable' number in the Fiscal Code field. For non Italian people this number is purely for reference purposes only so only needs to be something you will remember.

      I don't yet know why your address isn't being accepted but please note that Gomitoli's do not ship to all countries.

      Please do let me know if that helps :)
      Emma, x

      Delete
    3. Thanks Emma, it does help, i think i should ask them if they ship to Indonesia.

      Delete
    4. That's great!
      Yes, do get in touch with them. Everyone at Gomitoli's is very lovely and I am sure they will be very happy to help where they can :)
      xx

      Delete
  19. Emma I can't remember when last I saw something that I found so utterly beautiful. And then I read about the process and it all just clicks even more. I love it, it really is a piece that speaks to me from the design all the way to the colours you used. It is a touching piece, that is for sure! I need one like that, might have to take a plunge and order yarn that I haven't had the change to experience first. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just breathtaking. A work of art Emma. Well done

    Hillary

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Wishing you a fabulous day!
Emma, x