Instagram!

Woo-hoo!!! I'm on Instagram now, come follow me... if you like!? | Emma Lamb

Hello! Hello! It's been a wee while hasn't it!? I hadn't planned to be away from my blog for so long but the last few weeks have just been so busy and then I went and bought myself a new toy. A spiffy new tablet! My first tablet in fact! Actually my first ever techie mobile device!


So far in my 30+ years of existence I have lived quite happily without a mobile phone and plan to do just that for as long as possible. Since I'm a wee bit of a loner who spends most of her time happily in her own company (+1 adorable spaniel of course!) I've never needed one either. But a tablet on the other hand... oooh! I've had a hankering for one of these lovelies for what feels like an age now and finally I treated myself to a nifty little Nexus.

Woo-hoo!!! I'm on Instagram now, come follow me... if you like!? | Emma Lamb

I picked a Nexus because of the great reviews about it's screen and colour display (which lives up to everything I read!), plus the fact that it has a 1.2 megapixel camera as well as the webcam. It's a pretty nifty little camera too, a few of these shots were taken with it and in terms of digital images for use online there's little difference in quality. The only obvious restrictions are when it comes to lighting control and whatnot but for cute, quick snaps it is spot on!

Woo-hoo!!! I'm on Instagram now, come follow me... if you like!? | Emma Lamb

So with that in mind can you guess how long it was before I had my first pic on Instagram!? Okay, so it was a couple of hours but that was only because I met my Man for lunch right after buying it then couldn't remember my Google password off the top of my head and had to wait until I got home! But dammit, if it wasn't for all that it would have been less than ten minutes I swear!

Woo-hoo!!! I'm on Instagram now, come follow me... if you like!? | Emma Lamb

So yes, as well as a bunch of work and enjoying a wee bit of summer weather here in Edinburgh I've been Instagramming a ton of stuff and loving it! Obviously I got carried away with the fab filters in the beginning but I'm just about over that now, having settled on 'Hudson' as one of my go to faves. If you'd like to follow me you can find me here as @emmalamb.uk and Spanner who already has his own wee hashtag, he is the #spannerdog

Emma

Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

14 comments :

  1. You have an incredible talent for photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! Your puppy is a doll! So gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma
    Welcome to IG land. Didn't know you were not on there already... That surprises me. I got my first Smart phone at Christmas 2013. From my husbands boss (!!!) and Instagram was the first thing for me to explore. It is easy to get carried away. I learned quickly though. Now I pretty much use no filters. My daughter (who is 12) has taught me some tricks too. It is by far my favorite Social Media after Blogging. Enjoy. I will check you out and come follow you.
    Xxx
    Annette
    My Rose Valley
    PS Love the top left project and your gorgeous dog. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette, I think it is definitely going to be a firm favourite of mine too ;) x

      Delete
  4. You're like me...I have never had a cellphone but I do have a tablet :) I really like using it for following patterns as I try out a new project, instead of having to sit in front of the computer and try to manage balls of yarn rolling everywhere ;P
    I always enjoy your pics, thanks for sharing them.
    Smiles, DianeM :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's another thing I love about it too Diane, so handy! x

      Delete
  5. Hi Emma, I just created one very recently as well.I noticed a lot of my favorite blogs were adding instagram pages so I decided to try it out too ... I will definitely be following..love your photos : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you're on there too Andrea! I look forward to following your gorgeous pics :) xx

      Delete
  6. I have had a Nexus for 4 months now and love it. This model is much better than the previous one. Camera is really good, isn't it ? Screen is so clear too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caz, I am so pleased it is living up to all the great reviews I read. Love it! x

      Delete
  7. So great to see you on Instagram! If you really like some great vintage filters, try the VSCO app, I'm completely addicted to it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi! And for the app tip, I'll look out for it :) x

      Delete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Wishing you a fabulous day!
Emma, x